Thursday, October 21

to bitch or not to bitch

Men love Bitches. It's a known fact that resulted in countless books, blogs, tv-shows and movies, all giving us prime examples as to why men love bitches, and how women can learn to be bitches.
The truth is, I think it's completely true and makes perfect sense. Men love the chase, they are hunters, and they just want what they can't have (or think they can't have). And I know this because countless men, including some of the Rats whom you all know a little by now, have admitted this to me. When you meet a guy, you never want to be as easy as 123. You want to make him sweat it out, make him think you're not interested. Later, when you're in the relationship, you never want your man to know he has you right where he wants you, or take you for granted. He'll think of you as he does his mother --and THAT you really don't want. So always keep that little mystery, always keep him at an arms length, don't bend forwards and backwards to please him, etc., etc., etc...
Sounds like a pretty straightforward plan. But the truth is, if it doesn't come naturally to you (to be a bit of a bitch) then it's just exhausting. From the second you meet a guy until forever, you have to remember not to let go. Which is, if you can do it, actually a good thing, because that way you always retain your sense of self, independence and a life that doesn't necessarily include him.
One of my friends got hooked on a girl simply because she showed a little interest --and then none. For months he pursued her, no matter how many times she feigned indifference. My friend Camel on the other hand was really into this girl for a few weeks --but then she started calling too much, being too available, and suddenly the chemistry vanished for him. She couldn't understand what went wrong: he seemed so into her. And she continued to pursue him for months, which obviously drove him away even further. I can go on and on about a zillion examples of the sort. And you might thing it's an age thing, but it's not. My uncle, who's almost 60 and is known as the Legend with guys from my generation, told me a story the other day that made me want to pull my hair out: he took this girl out for a drink at Capitol, and on the way up they met with two of her guy friends. While he stopped at a table to say hello to some friends, his girl was off to the bar with the two guys. "I wasn't going to let her lead me on with any games," he told me. "She came in with me, she should stay with me. But since she wanted to play, I dove right in." Indeed he did. He went off and had another woman (a much younger friend) join the others at the bar. And when they were about to go to another club, he took them both. Oh, and as if that isn't enough, he calls her the next day and asked what she was doing. She said "nothing." How did he interpret that? "When she says nothing, that means she's just sitting there, waiting for me to call her. Well, I'm never calling her again." And that's that. A 60-year-old, attractive, fun, social man, and he still gets to play the field. He's is the incarnation of all male instincts put together, and look at how fast he dismissed her. Because she said she was doing "nothing."
And if you think that type of behavior develops only after decades of experience, you're wrong. My 17 year-old brother is not any better. He's a good looking boy and he knows it. Girls are throwing themselves on him left right and center, and he takes advantage of it. But the only time he's interested, is when the girl seems not to be. And although they usually hold the fort for about  a minute, as soon as he gets her, has her, and feels like the chase is over, he comes and tells me "I want to leave her. I don't know what happened I was so into her. Now I'm just... not."
So... I don't know whether to tell you to bitch or not to bitch. I don't want to tell you anything actually, I think we all try whatever works for us. But I do think we spend way too much time analyzing what men want, what men need, what keeps a man from cheating, blablabla... But when we get the simple, straightforward answer of just be a bitch, we don't try it. We say just "want to be ourselves" and we're just too caring and it's just our personality, and we like open up and give him our all... well, don't give him your all until he gives you his all, and be yourself... just be your bitchy self.

2 comments:

  1. Love this... it's completely true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love it... and did use to approve of this "science"... especially by reversing it on myself.. am never attracted by the "granted type of guy" the one who is already fully in love with you and constantly amazed by you and pretty much available for you
    then things changed, matured and i realized that this type of guy, let him be 15-25 or 65 is immature and is not looking for the same things you could be looking for
    girls just wanna have fun/ or girls lookin for a "serious relationship" is the thin line between both categories
    let's try them all !!

    ReplyDelete