Monday, October 4

lost in translation

The last post spurred a myriad of reactions from the Rats, which I thought I'd share --for the sake of being fair to everyone's point of view. 
If I told you that Saturday night, after six drinks and about five-hundreds shots, 4 Rats plus one cheered "To Beirut Rhapsodies," would you believe me?
The truth is, they love knowing what we think because they believe we are complicated creatures who over-think everything, and they cannot understand our thought-process. Like my friend Caporal told me, men say what they think, and women hear what they want. 
I'll admit that women tend to analyze words and gesture sometimes to obsessive lengths, which many times create a misunderstanding that could've been avoided --if only we were able to turn off our minds! I always have arguments with my man until he manages to convince me that what he said was just what he said. Yes, it is true that we women say yes when we really mean no, say we're okay when we're really not okay, and get very upset when men cannot detect the real answer behind our fake answer. It's the way we are. Wiseman actually explained it best: "The main difference between men and women is that men are Rational and women are Emotional. If women understand that, then their relationship will be great." 
Told you he was wise.
About Guys' Night Out, the Tenor told me he felt like my post described him one hundred percent right, while Wise and Cap assured me that they never felt the need to put boys night in the schedule --but that time with the boys is precious.
But the number one question I got was: does your boyfriend read your blog? Hah. Well, the truth is, he can barely read 5 lines without falling asleep, so I thought I was pretty safe. That was before I realized that guys are reading this blog almost as much as girls, and definitely have a lot more to say about it. After he got several mentions of it by friends talking about his "guys' night out" he called me and said he wants to read my blog immediately! So there I sat next to him while he went through the four posts... actually surprised that he read all of them! 
And his reaction was... "very cool."

No comments:

Post a Comment