Monday, November 29

lover boy

I've been quite harsh on the boys lately. So I'm letting out my softer side. I'll admit, they are not all boobs and asses, not all the time anyway... And all of them, at one time or another, have been lover boys. That's the term I'm using to describe men when they let out the romantic in them. Actually that's the term they use, and I'm just borrowing it.
The Rats, however crude I've made them out to be, all have a lover boy side. They are often in total denial about it, but it's there. Winter is around the corner, and they all wish they had someone to curl up next to and watch DVDs on a rainy Sunday afternoon. And others are more forthcoming. They're not just lover boys, they're in love, and they like to show it. Have you noticed how some men become when they're in love? It doesn't matter anymore if their friends are all single and hopping around, they feel like the lucky ones. Because the feeling of being in love beats the one night stand every time. And when they're in love, they will do things for you, crazy things, big things, like flying 30,000 miles and showing up at your doorstep, in Paris, just because they missed you.
I watched a movie yesterday called "The Next Three Days." Russell Crowe will do anything to get his wife out of jail, including kill, risk life in prison, risk his life... OK, it's a movie, it doesn't happen in real life, blablabla. But in theory, we all would like to have a guy who would be willing --who feels strongly enough about us that he would at least consider doing these things for us. And why not? I see women everyday who go to great lengths for their men. They sacrifice careers and childhood dreams, move countries, change names, live in poverty. And in theory, these women would give their lives for the man they love. So it's only fair that we find someone who is willing to do the same. Who loves us, not just enough, but undeniably more than anything else.
I've seen it happen, so it exists. My parents were like that. My dad moved heaven and earth when my mother got sick, and when she died, he never let go. Ten years later, he still wears his wedding ring, and hers on a chain around his neck.
There's a lover boy in every man. And when you find the right one for you, the lover boy awakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment