Monday, June 20

Birthday rhapsodies

I'm 26 today. Happy birthday to me!
It's funny how some years, your birthday comes and goes and nothing really changed. And then There are other years when you look back and think: wow almost nothing is the same!
Last year i celebrated my 25th Cape Town. Today i woke up in Los Angeles and tonight I am feasting in Vegas. Last year i had a boyfriend, a job as a TV anchor, worked on weekends and celebrated at a luxury spa and the seventh best restaurant in the world. And it was truly an amazing day. But now that i think of it, I felt oldish. Kind of Boring.
Today i went back a few years. I celebrated my birthday three times last week, you know like when you're turning 16 and you're really excited? I did a girls' night out where we played "never have i ever" and it was ridiculously fun. I did a night with a younger bunch whom i adore because they make me feel 21 again, drinking beers from the deken on dany's street in hamra, getting told ff by some dude because we were sitting on his car, and best of all, getting recognized by a fan of "beirut i love you" as the bunch of actors in the series. And then i celebrated at coop d'etat with my favorite people in the world, who all drank to my sex life. Boring? Anything but. Old? Never felt younger.
And now i'm about to hop on a plane to vegas. Yesterday i made one of my childhood dreams come true by seeing hollywood for the first time, placing my hands on the imprints of meryl streep at the chinese mann theater and walki into the kodak theater where maybe one day, i'll win an oscar... And the best is yet to come.

Ps: stay tuned for Vegas Rhapsodies

No comments:

Post a Comment