Monday, September 27

Good point, Wiseman

After my first two posts last week, I received a lot of comments --from guys. Of course, the fact that this blog is meant for girls only makes them more curious about reading it. But what's more, is that they want to give their opinion...
So here we were, sitting around beers, vodka and Mojitos, debating my Beirut Rhapsodies.
"Just the title, Boys gone BAD, Girls gone Mad, makes you just another girl ranting about how men are always the bad guy. Why do we always have to be the bad guy in the story?"
Well, my friend the Wiseman, made a very good point. Although he was completely wrong about my intentions, he made me realize what the problem was: us girls, we say things, think things, interpret things, analyze things, and a lot of the times, the mens' team sees it in a completely different way. When I said boys gone bad I really didn't mean to put the focus on how guys are always bad. After all, I did also say girls gone mad, and I really wouldn't like to imply that girls are always mad (although I'm pretty sure guys think we are).
So maybe what we need here is a conversation... Not just the girls night-out rantings and interpretations of how we can salvage relationships for Humankind. But actually consider the guys' point of view in this --then maybe we'll actually get somewhere. And I'm sure my guy friends, known from here on out as the Rats, will have plenty to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment